It’s no secret that YouTube is everyone’s favorite video hosting and sharing website. The appeal of YouTube probably comes from its diversity. On the site, you can find anything you want, from comedy and music to tutorials and valuable advice. All in all, the platform’s tremendous growth in recent years is perfectly justified by the (mostly) quality content it provides users with. And even the weird part of YouTube can be quite entertaining if you’ve got that kind of humor going on!
On top of that, thanks to the handy and optimized YouTube phone app, you can browse through your favorite videos anywhere, anytime. This means that sometimes, you’ll also want to browse the website at night. However, YouTube’s stark white background isn’t so easy on the eyes during certain times of day. But fear not, because the developers over at Google are working on a new Dark Mode. Unfortunately, it can only be activated on browsers so far, but here’s hoping it comes to mobile devices soon too!
Activate Dark Mode in 5 Steps
- Go on youtube.com and make sure to use Google Chrome and be logged into your account.
- Depending on your desktop of choices, press either Control + Shift + I on Windows or Option + Command + I on Mac; this will take you to the Developer Tools menu.
- Go to the Console section and insert the following command: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE= fPQ4jCL6EiE”
- Close the menu and reload the YouTube homepage.
- Click on your profile image; this should prompt a new interface and the Dark Mode section; activate it and then the entire website can be enjoyed in Dark Mode.
Sounds simple enough, right? Well, that’s because it is. However, if you don’t want to go through all the fuss of setting Dark Mode up by yourself, you can just wait for the official launch of the feature.