Not many know, but the Chromecast can be connected to an Xbox One console. In addition, it also saves you from switching inputs all the time, if you want to stop playing and streaming some video content from your Chromecast or vice-versa.
By connecting the Chromestcast using the second HDMI port that’s available on your Xbox One, you can set up the Chromecast via the TV app in just a few steps. We have to mention that Chromecast is compatible with Xbox One and that you can use it without any problems via the extra HDMI port that the Microsoft’s console comes with.
Streaming Chromecast Content Via Xbox One
- Use the HDMI cable to connect the Chromecast to your Xbox One;
- Open the TV application on the Xbox One;
- Press the “A” button to select the “connect your cable or satellite box” option;
- After a few seconds, the Xbox One console will detect your Chromecast;
- A small TV frame on the screen will appear and you will need to select “Next”;
- A new screen will open, where you will have to firstly select “Skip” and, after that, “Next”, in order to set up Xbox to control your TV;
- Now, you will need to select whether your Xbox One should head to “Home” or open the “TV App” when it starts (we suggest you to choose to go to “Home”, because you will not want your console to automatically start the TV App once it boots);
- Select “Next” to complete the Chromecast setup process and you’re done.
Now, in order to stream something from Chromecast to your Xbox One, you will just need to open the TV App and start streaming content from your computer or smartphone.
Have you ever streamed video content from your Chromecast to Xbox One? Do you think this is a good idea, which spears you from switching HDMI ports on your TV?