Even without a browser, anyone with a computer can use WhatsApp on the desktop. For Apple devices, users can download it through the Apple App Store, while Windows PC users can do it via the link https://www.whatsapp.com/download on the browser. However, you can only install WhatsApp if your computer is running either Windows 8+ or Mac OS X 10.9+. On the other hand, other operating systems can use WhatsApp via this link https://web.whatsapp.com.
Download and Install WhatsApp for PC
- From your browser, you need to visit the download page to acquire the .exe file, which can be done via this link: https://www.whatsapp.com/download.
- After downloading the file, you can now open the WhatsApp.exe file so that you can install WhatsApp on your PC.
- After installation, you can automatically launch WhatsApp on the PC and begin scanning the QR code to be able to log in.
Download and Install WhatsApp for Mac
- You need to navigate to the download page https://www.whatsapp.com/download in order get the .zip file by clicking on the download button.
- After downloading the file, you can now open the .zip file to be able to execute the WhatsApp application.
- When you install for the first time, it will prompt you to determine where you want to add the WhatsApp application, which includes the desktop dock and Applications folder.
- After installation, you can now launch WhatsApp on the Mac and log in by scanning the QR code.
Scanning the QR Code
For Android devices, simply go to the Chats screen then go to Menu > WhatsApp Web. However, for iPhone 8.1+, you have to go to Settings > WhatsApp Web. For Windows Phone 8.0 though, just go to the Chats screen then the Menu > WhatsApp Web.
For Mac users, you can download and install WhatsApp via the App Store. Nevertheless, Linux-based systems and ARM processors are not supported by this app for now.