Apple has been fighting against jailbreaks for some time now and it seems that the latest victim is the iPhone X using the iOS 11.1. Jailbreaks are preferred for those who are bored with using only the official platform options.
KeenLab has cracked iPhone X
RedmondPie has written an article in which KeenLab has been denominated as responsible for cracking iPhone X. The jailbreak has been demoed by Liang Chen during the POC 2017 in Seoul. The demonstration took place using an iPhone X and the latest iOS 11.1.1 update.
Can the general public enjoy the jailbreak?
Even is Liang Chen was able to crack iPhone X, it is not known if the general public will have access to it. Some believe that it will be available soon.
If the iPhone X can be jailbroken, then security issues are a concern. It means that the device does have some vulnerabilities that can be exploited by those with bad intentions. Most critics suggest that those who want to jailbreak their iPhone X need to stay away from shady sources and they should not experience any security breach.
iPhone X: an ambitious Apple project
The newest device has been released on the 3rd of November and it was received with a lot of enthusiasm. Some of its best features include:
- Qualcomm MDM96555 Snapdragon X16 LTE
- 3 GB of RAM and 65/256 GB of storage
- 81 V 2716 mAh battery
- 8-inch Super Retina HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 2436 x 1125
- A 12 MP quad LED, 4 K rear camera and a 7 MP f/2.2 aperture, Retina flash frontal camera.
- 39 GHz hexa core 64 bit
- Color options: silver or space gray
- The device is made out of surgical-grade stainless steel